Friday, 14 August 2015
BAYELSA; APC READY TO SWALLOW PDP TODAY
Golden Pen reliably gathered that, the APC had worked through the nooks and crannies to mobilize the masses to support the clarion call for positive change in the state through the electoral process of voting the would be APC governorship candidate in the forthcoming December 5 elections.
The All Progressive Congress which came into existence following the break up of the former self acclaimed largest party in Africa, the PDP, to two major factions of the old and new PDP of which the new PDP later went into alliance with other parties and become the All Progressive Congress.
The former Governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Timipre Sylva was the founding member of the party from Bayelsa at the national level, who came and planted the party in the state, before her victory at the national level, in the election of Muhammadu Buhari as president of Nigeria.
And following the defeat of Dr. Jonathan of the PDP, by the APC candidate, Muhammadu Buhari the PDP in Bayelsa State was disjointed and the umbrella metaphorically torn to fragments by groups and individuals for one reason the other.
1. Immediately after the presidential rally by the PDP in Bayelsa, the then State Chairman of the Party, Col. Sam Inokoba retired was accused of diverting millions of naira meant for the programme to his private accounts, and for that he was suspended leaving the party with plenty of his supporters, the matter is still in court.
2. A former member of the Bayelsa state House of Assembly Hon. Alfred Egba defected to the APC.
3. As a result of protest votes and affiliation with other parties, nine staunch members of the PDP were expelled amongst whom were key supporters of the former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, namely: Hon. Waripamowei Dudafa, S/A on domestic Matters to Jonathan, Senator Barigha Amange a close supporter of the former President, Chief Werinipre Seibarugu, former Acting Governor and Chairman of Jonathan political group Transformation ambassadors [TAN]. Others were, Chief Nestor Benabo, the immediate past former governor of the state and Chamberlain Ikidi, Osomkeme Blankson, Emmanuel Okponipre,Ebikepade Dibiye and Joy Fouyowei.
Some were suspended and they include: Leighemo Kaisar,Fiebai Gbeinbo and Deinyefa Dimaro.
Women who supported the former first Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan were equally expelled from the party those in the civil service had their employment or appointments terminated by the Dickson administration.
4. A key supporter of Governor Dickson, former Chief of Staff and then Representative of Dickson at the Bayelsa liaison office Abuja, Chief Dikivie Ikiogha defected with over a thousand supporters from the PDP to the APC.
5. Former distinguished Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, from Bayelsa East, Clever Marcus Ikisikpo, former member of the National Assembly, Hon. Nadu Karibo, and Hon. Azibola Omekwe all of Ogbia Local government area with Goodluck, defected to the APC from the PDP.
6. Just a few weeks ago some elders of the state led by Senator J.K Brainbafa went to Abuja, and to the APC secretariat and invited the party Executive Committee to come to Bayelsa and receive them into the party.
7. This is the most crucial of the defection hurricane that bedeviled the PDP over the period which is most likely to be the 'last straw that breaks the Carmel's back'. A former Chairman of the Niger Delta Development Commission, and former gubernatorial aspirant, Ndutimi Alaibe is leading thousands of former PDP members of the state into the family of the APC. They include: Former Nigerian Ambassador to Japan, Oseimiegha Emmanuel Otiotio, Senator Heineken Lokpobiri, Admiral Festus Porbeni, former Speakers and Acting governors of the state, Chief Werinipre Seibarugu and Chief Nestor Benabo, Senator Clever Ikisikpo, Senator J.K. Brambaifa, Dr. Opuala Charles, Dr. Stella Dorgu, former NDDC boss, Prof. Tarila Tebepah, Chief Nathan Egba-Ologo, Hon. Warman Ogoriba, Hon. Ayibaina Duba, a former S/A to Dickson and Chairman of Bayelsa Peoples Consultative Assembly [BPCA], Chief Alex Ekiotenne and Prince Ebitimi Amgbare, Chief Lionel Jonathan-Omo, and Chief Dikivie Ikiogha. Others include: Hon. Nadu Karibo, Azibaola Omekwe, former deputy governor, Peremobowei Ebebi, Hon. Fini Angaye, former SSG Gideon Ekewei, Hon. Bolos Indiamaowei, Hon. Nelson Believe, Hon. Christopher Enai, Chief Abeki Ebikake, Chief Hings Dumbo, Chief Godknows Powell, Charity Vadalago, Barr. Sylvanus Abila, Mrs. Tonye Apreala, Topido Imananaghan,and a former Commissioner, Frank Oputu, amongst others.
The Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Pastor Yemi Osibajo, the National Chairman of the APC, John Odigie Oyegun, the leader of the APC and former governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Timipre Sylva and the Party Chairman, Chief Tiwei Orunimighe are expected to co-ordinate affairs at the historic event. Many dignitaries including governors, law makers, other party bigwigs and many more are billed to storm Bayelsa, to attend the programme holding at the Samson Siasia Sports Complex Yenagoa.